I love broccoli, but I don’t always want spears. When you puree this in the food processor, you can use it as a stand alone side, or spread as a sauce on a plate, topped with a piece of fish or chicken.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut cream / milk, or use heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 TBSP minced ginger
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 large broccoli crowns, cut-up
- 2 TBSP butter
- Salt and pepper
- Grating of nutmeg
- In a large pot, mix together the first five ingredients.
- Place the broccoli in the pot, and put the lid on the pot.
- Steam the broccoli until just done. There should not be a lot of liquid left. Stir in the butter.
- Cool the broccoli slightly.
- Place everything from the pan into the food processor. If there is not about 1/4 cup liquid, add more coconut milk or cream. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- I process it until it's a little chunky, rather than smooth.