The star of the show is really the corn cake. It’s perfect as an appetizer, or light meal. Use it as a base and top it with cheese, shredded pork, taco meat, avocado, beans………. For the topping in the picture, I cut strips of hamburger steaks, and sauteed them with Mexican spices. Then I laid cheddar on the corn cake, topped it with the burger strips, and baked it to melt the cheese.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen, super sweet corn
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup masa or P.A.N. (corn flour)
- 2 TBSP flour
- Place corn in the food processor, and coarsely puree.
- Add butter, sugar, and salt to processor, and process together.
- Add masa and flour, process until combined.
- Heat oven to 400°
- Make 8 cakes, about 3" around. I made mine slightly larger around, so they would be crisper.
- Arrange cakes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until browned on the bottom.
- Flip them and bake for another 8-10 minutes, or until browned on the flipped side.