Our asparagus harvest is still strong. We’ve got a lot of seafood in the freezer. And we had a fabulous sauce that Nina made at a recent crawfish boil. So, Comeback Shrimp Stuffed Avocado is our new main dish!
Comeback Shrimp Stuffed Avocado
- 1 clove garlic, pressed (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 TBSP chili sauce*
- 2 TBSP ketchup
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP oil
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2-1 tsp tabasco
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp granulated onion powder
- 2 TBSP drained capers (optional)
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1-2 lbs asparagus, steamed and cut into bitesize pieces
- Avocado, halved
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place shrimp and asparagus in bowl with the sauce. Toss together.
- Place mixture in half avocado.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and/or chopped cilantro. Take it into carnivore territory by adding cooked, chopped bacon.
- *if you want to make your own chili sauce, click here for recipe