What a light, delicious, and easy dessert this is. A springform pan is great if you want to unmold the torte for presentation purposes, but not necessary. It won’t change the spectacular taste. If you’re in a crunch for time, make it in individual servings, like parfait glasses.
Chocolate Torte (Gluten Free)
- 3/4 cup dates
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chocolate pieces*
- 1 cup milk
- 47 large marshmallows (about 10 oz)
- 8 oz chocolate (about), to your liking, broken-up
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped
- Small chocolate pieces or shavings
- Toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Place dates in the bowl of a food processor and process until broken up in small pieces. Add nuts and chocolate and process until they are chopped together. Press into a greased springform pan (you can use any pan if you aren't worried about presentation).
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt together milk and marshmallows, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and mix until melted and smooth. Cool.
- When cooled, fold together the chocolate mixture and the whip cream.
- Top with chocolate shavings and almonds.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
- * The chocolate you use is up to you, it can be like a Hershey bar or chocolate almond, or dark, or Special Dark (Hershey's). You'll need about 9-10 oz total.
- Note: Refrigerate your bowl and beaters, before you whip the cream.
- If you like the flavor of coffee with your chocolate, try a teaspoon of instant espresso dissolved with the milk and marshmallows.