Strip steaks (and chicken breasts are still on sale), so a chipotle cream steak recipe is perfect. If you made Tex Mex Orzo, now is your chance to use some more of the cilantro pesto and pico de gallo. In fact the Tex Mex Orzo would be a great side for this dish. For the cilantro pesto recipe, click here.
Chipotle Cream Steak (or Chicken)
To make this dish fabulous, serve it with a small side of cilantro pesto, pico de gallo, and sliced avocado.
- 2 1/2 cups sour cream (or a mixture of sour cream, heavy
- cream, and/or Brown Cow Plain Yogurt)
- 2-3 chipotle chilies, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper
- 4 lbs strip steaks (or 8 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts, each pounded slightly to even thickness)
- Stir together in a bowl or container (the meat will fit in) sour cream, chilies, garlic, lime, salt and pepper.
- Let meat stay in marinate for at least 3 hours, remove and pat dry. Heat cream marinate just to boiling in a saucepan (if you boil sour cream it will separate). Grill steaks or chicken until done (4-5 minutes on each side).
- Serve on bed of tender salad greens or baby spinach with heated cream drizzle over it. Adjust seasoning in cream.