This is another great summer salad. It has an ingredient we haven’t talked about before, Sweet Chili Sauce. You’ll find it in the Asian section of the grocery store or in Asian markets. Don’t let the name fool you, it’s hot, very hot. Beans are a larger part of our diet lately, so I’ve been doing some great salad recipes in addition to some long cook recipes.
- Cooked chickpeas
- Calamata or black olives
- Green bell peppers, diced
- Celery, diced
- Cucumber, diced (optional)
- Carrots, diced (optional)
- Cilantro, chopped
- Sweet chili sauce (see intro before recipe)
- Granulated onion powder, or diced fresh onion
- Granulated garlic powder, or minced fresh garlic
- Smoked paprika
- Mix everything together and voila, quick, simple, and delicious salad. Amounts are up to your taste.
- Be careful not to use too much sweet chili sauce. You may have to add oil and / or vinegar, or lime juice instead, if it's too spicy for you.
- Note: Crumbled feta would be a good addition. If you want a starch added to the salad, use cooked pasta, cooked couscous, or cooked quinoa.