I think we need another chicken recipe to finish out the week. If you have leftover chicken, roasted or stewed, this is a great recipe for it. It’s been a bit of a challenge posting the last couple days. Not to mention the server decided to post a 5 day old post on Saturday morning. I was a bit surprised. I’m out of town with a couple of my friends. Well OK we’re in Hawaii having a fabulous time. When I get back, I’ll post pictures and some Hawaiin recipes, like the potato macaroni salad we had with dinner last night. Sunday we did lots of shopping, and went to an awesome fruit market. Today we’ll be kayaking and snorkeling.
This is good with turkey also
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, diced or pulsed in processor
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oz spaghetti or linguine, cooked according to package directions, less 2 min
- 4-5 cups cooked chicken*
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until just golden brown, sprinkle with salt and pepper about halfway through the cooking process.
- Lower heat to medium and stir in onion and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour, oregano, basil, and dry mustard.
- Slowly stir in milk, broth, and wine.
- Continue stirring until bubbly.
- Toss sauce with pasta and chicken. Turn into greased baking dish.
- Top with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes.
- Note: *Cook whole chicken in slow cooker with carrot, celery, onion, bay leaf, salt, 1/2 cup water for 7-10 hours on low. If you’re boiling, cover the chicken and veges with water, simmer for 1–1 ½ hours. Bone chicken and discard skin.