We now have one more really good biscuit recipe to work with (and it’s really simple). I’m all about the biscuits these days, apparently that’s why I got a picture of just the biscuits! For the recipe of the biscuits in the picture, click here. The only thing I did differently is use the food processor.
To see a video on how I make biscuits with the processor, click here. For the recipe that goes with the video, click here.
If you’d rather use the Sweet Potato Biscuit recipe, click here.
Chicken Stew (Slow Cooker)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4-5 sage leaves, torn
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine the first 9 ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch, broth and cream until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked.
- Stir in peas, cover, and cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Serve over biscuits.
- Note: You can easily serve over rice or noodles also. Sauteed mushrooms would also be a good addition.