There were some containers of Immaculate crescent rolls that were outdating in the fridge, so I went on a bit of a terror with recipes. I used torn bits of crescents from other recipes, to cover the pot pies. (While, I love the Immaculate product, getting the crescents out of the container, without tearing them, is a bit of a challenge!) I’ve done a similar recipe to this, using pie crust. And in this recipe, I added cooked crumbled bacon to the filling. Instead of peas, I used pea pods and a little spinach, because that’s what I had in the garden.
Chicken Crescent Pot Pies
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (or use onion powder)
- 1/8 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 2 cups cooked chicken (or turkey), in small pieces
- 1 box Pacific cream of chicken soup
- 1/2-3/4 cup cream
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked diced potatoes (or frozen diced potatoes - like for hash browns).
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- Immaculate crescent rolls
- Heat a medium to large saucepan. Add butter and onion. Sauté onion until translucent. Stir in bacon and chicken, and heat thoroughly.
- Stir in soup, cream, thyme, salt and pepper. Heat until bubbly.
- Stir in potatoes, peas and carrots.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle into small oven-proof bowls, and let cool slightly.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place pieces of crescent rolls on top to cover all the chicken mixture.
- Bake about 1/2 hr or until crescent is lightly brown and filling is bubbly.