Do you want macaroni and cheese, but don’t want to spend the calories? This is a really good alternative, and a quick, easy, and great side. Even “cauliflower haters” love this dish.
- 1 head of cauliflower, steamed to crisp tender
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 1 tsp Tony Chachere's Original Seasoning (you'll probably need more, but taste first)
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 - 1 tsp smoked paprika
- After the cauliflower is steamed, place on a plate and drain the water out of the pan.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in the pan on low heat. Stir occasionally until the cream cheese is melted and everything is smooth.
- Break-up the cauliflower and add to the cheese sauce. Gently stir until the cauliflower is coated.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.