I’m with you, I can’t stand anchovies, but there is no substitute for the flavor and richness it adds to Cauliflower Salad. Remember, if you like Caesar Salad, you like the flavor of anchovy. So don’t tell your family or guests, just add it!
- 1 head of cauliflower, steamed to crisp-tender and broken into florets
- 1/2 - 1 cup julienne carrots
- 1 cup green beans, cooked to crisp-tender
- 1/2 cup sliced pimento stuffed green olives
- 2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp anchovy paste (or 1 anchovy fillet mashed well)
- 1 TBSP cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 TBSP mayonnaise or a combo of mayonnaise and extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, place cauliflower, carrots, green beans, olives, garlic powder, onion powder, and dill.
- In a separate bowl, combine anchovy paste and next 3 ingredients.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the cauliflower and toss together well. Add salt and pepper as needed, and adjust mayonnaise if necessary.