Every once and a while, I have a vision of some new dessert. Caramel Nutella Crustella is a scrumptious and easy recipe. It will definitely appear on our holiday table. Although the original recipe, Nutella Crustella, is a staple at the lodge, I figure I can always make it better! If you love pie crust, chocolate, and caramel, you have to make this for your someone special.
Caramel Nutella Crustella
- 3 pie crusts
- Softened butter
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Cajeta or caramel spread*
- Heat oven to 375.
- Lay pie crusts flat on greased cookie sheets or parchment covered cookie sheets.
- On one of the pie crusts, smear the top with softened butter and sprinkle heavily with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool slightly.
- Place a plain crust on a flat plate or cutting board, and smear with Nutella®.
- Place another plain crust on top of Nutella® layer. Smear with cajeta.
- Place the crust with cinnamon and sugar on top (cinnamon and sugar side up).
- Cut and serve.
- *Cajeta is absolutely delicious and my favorite.