Skip to content
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 1/2 lbs Challah bread, cut or pulled into 1” pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 TBSP cinnamon
- (1 cup milk, if needed)
- Beat eggs, add half & half, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat together well.
- Melt butter and stir cinnamon into it.
- Place one layer of bread into a well greased Pyrex pan, 10” x 15”. I also have a deep casserole dish, I use for bread pudding.
- Pour half of the liquid mixture over bread. Drizzle half of butter over bread. Repeat this process for the top layer.
- If needed, add up to 1 cup of milk to ensure the bread is fully soaked.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours and bake at 350 degrees for about one hour, or until just set. May be a little jiggly in center.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and/or honey.