Great to have a holiday weekend coming up, and a food plan! As the week goes on I’ll probably be adding some salads good for outdoor events, since it looks like we’ll be down to the 90s (a cool front).
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 4 lb beef brisket
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 TBSP dried thyme or dried oregano
- 2 cans (12 oz each) beer
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
- Sprinkle brisket with salt and pepper, brown on both sides, and place in slow cooker.
- Add bacon, onion, garlic, bay leaves, and thyme.
- Mix together beer, soy, and Worcestershire. Pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for about 12 hours, or until very tender.
- Remove beef.
- If you want gravy, place the slow cooker on high, mix the flour and beef broth, and whisk it into the juices left in the cooker. Cover and let cook for about 30 minutes.