So we’ve been looking for some different dishes to have for lunches. Today we came up with the best pancakes – delicious, light, and really tasty. First you start with leftover praline sweet potato casserole, click here for the recipe.
Sweet Potato Banana Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup leftover praline sweet potato casserole
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup buttermilk powder
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP melted butter (and extra butter for the griddle)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups wholewheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- In a large bowl, mix potato and banana well. Stir in buttermilk powder, then egg. Mix well and stir in butter and vanilla. Now stir in the milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, powder, soda, and salt. Add this mixture to the wet mixture and stir until just blended.
- Heat the griddle and lightly coat with butter. Make sure you don't try to cook the pancakes on a really hot griddle. Cook each side to light golden color.
- Serve with a little jam, honey, or maple syrup.
- Other additions might be: coconut, nutmeg, or substitute applesauce for bananas
- Note: praline sweet potato casserole is sweet and light, not all casseroles may work as well
Sweet potatoes have been a staple in our house for a long time. They are an inexpensive, great way to add vitamins, minerals, fiber, and diversity to your diet. If you can get organic great, but at least commercial sweet potatoes don’t have as much pesticide residue as white potatoes do.
There are endless ways to make delicious sweet potato dishes, from just baked (served with butter and sour cream) to casseroles, pies, cakes, etc. Some of the recipes on this site are: