We could eat hash for any meal. It’s simple, easy, and yummy. I made breakfast sausage and potato hash for our holiday week treat. We skipped the cheese, this time!
Breakfast Sausage and Potato Hash
- 1-2 lbs red or gold potatoes
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil or your favorite fat
- 1lb loose sausage (I used hatch chile sausage)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Ground cumin
- Smoked paprika
- Dried oregano (about 1 tsp)
- Salt and pepper
- Over medium eggs
- Cut potatoes into about 1" chunks. Steam until almost done.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Cook sausage, breaking it into chunks.
- When sausage is almost cooked, add onion and seasonings.
- Add potatoes, when partially cooked. Toss everything, and put a lid on the skillet. Continuing cooking, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are done.
- Serve topped with egg.
- Other additions: top with cheese and melt, serve on bed of refried beans, use bacon instead of (or in addition to) sausage