This is Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin Pecan Waffle recipe from approximately 40 years ago, with a few modifications.
Glenda, one of our readers, was nice enough to share this recipe from her file. It’s a great holiday or weekend treat.
From Glenda -Now for some true confessions - I ALWAYS alter recipes! Some of my alterations:
-I always double the recipe and make lots of waffles, so there will be leftovers to heat in toaster.
-I always put in more pumpkin and pecans than recipe calls for.
- 2 c. flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, separated (you’ll use both the yolks and the whites)
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat waffle iron.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and reserve.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, spice & salt.
- Beat egg yolks. Stir in milk, oil & pumpkin. Stir into dry ingredients. Fold in reserved egg whites. Stir in nuts.
- Pour some batter onto hot waffle iron. Bake.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- For syrup suggestions, click here.