This is a great way to start your day. With very little effort you have a really good breakfast.
Overnite Oatmeal (Slow Cooker)
- 1 cup steel cut oats (they must be steel cut oats)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Milk, cream, sour cream, yogurt, coconut milk, or almond milk
- Dried fruit (cranberries, chopped apricots, raisins, chopped figs)
- Mashed banana
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Coconut oil for a brain boost!
- Chia seeds for a dose of omega 3
- Combine oats and the next four ingredients in a slow cooker, and cook on low about 7-8 hours.
- Serve with any of the additions!
- Note: I think it's better not to cook the dried fruit in the oatmeal, but if you're going to, add extra liquid since it will take up some of it. Also, different brands of slow cookers, cook differently, so the first time you make it, try checking it at 6 hours