Easy Egg Strata is a great breakfast for the holidays or when you’re having company for breakfast. Served with a fruit compote or sliced fresh fruit, and you have a perfect meal. If you want easy delicious biscuits with it, try Cottage Cheese Biscuits or Cheese Biscuits. You can put the casserole together, cover it, and leave it in the fridge overnight.
This picture is a half recipe.
Breakfast – Easy Egg Strata (Casserole)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 lb diced ham, cut in small cubes
- 3 thick slices artisan bread, cubed
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, cut in small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Brown ham in a skillet with oil. Scatter in baking pan.
- Scatter bread cubes in pan.
- Place cubes of cream cheese around bread and ham.
- Sprinkle cheddar over all.
- Beat together eggs, milk, cream, dijon and dry mustard, and salt. Pour over everything in the pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or let sit 1/2 hour to an hour, pushing bread into egg mixture occasionally.
- Bake at 350° in a water bath for 1 hour.
- Note: You can use sausage in addition to or instead of the ham. I just really like the taste of ham in this dish. I use Pederson Farm ham.