A good friend told me about this recipe, and I finally gave it a try. What a delicious easy way to make some breakfast bites, and use up those ripe bananas! Great recipe to make with the kids.
Breakfast Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Stir well.
- Add oats, mix well, and let sit 15 - 30 minutes, so oats can absorb some of the wet ingredients.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheet with parchment. Make each cookie a heaping tablespoon, and flatten slightly. You can place them fairly close, since they will not rise.
- Bake 20 - 30 minutes or until slightly brown on bottom.
- Excellent additions: 1/4 cup quinoa (not cooked) and 1/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut (or coconut manna)