Rich, hearty, and delicious, this oatmeal is definitely the way to start a dreary winter day. And it’s perfect for a holiday breakfast.
(Breakfast) Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk, whole milk, or almond milk (room temp)
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves (optional)
- Grating of whole nutmeg (optional)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Whisk together cream cheese and milk.
- Stir in pumpkin and next 8 ingredients.
- Stir in oats. Let mixture sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spread mixture into a buttered 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until set and lightly brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, alone or with jam, yogurt, nuts, syrup, honey, or fruit.