When I mentioned BLT Quesadilla in one of my recent posts, I just couldn’t resist making it. In the interest of being international, I think it’s only fair. Even though it is my third BLT recipe this tomato season, it’s still a great quick summer meal.
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- 1 large (burrito size) flour tortilla
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded cheese (cheddar, havarti, mozzarella, monterey jack)
- Cooked bacon slices.
- Romaine or green leaf lettuce, baby spinach, or arugula
- Italian dressing
- Grated parmesan
- Place tomatoes in a stainer set over a bowl, salt well, and let drain for about 1/2 hour, to remove a lot of the water.
- Heat flat griddle on stovetop.
- Smear mayonnaise on one side of the tortilla.
- On one half of tortilla, lay tomato slices as closely as you like, or overlapping. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Lay bacon over tomatoes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Mix lettuce and dressing together. Lay over bacon. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Lay lettuce on bacon layer. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Melt about a tablespoon and a half of butter on the griddle. When melted, smear to approximate size of half of tortilla, and sprinkle butter with parmesan. Lay filled half of tortilla on parmesan butter. Fold the plain side of the tortilla over the filled side, to create a quesadilla.
- Now, butter the side facing you and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cook until parmesan melts and gets brown, flip, and cook until other side is brown.