If you like really good croutons, I’ve been told these are it! I started out making them for Caesar salad, and ended up making them for snacks.
This is a great way to use up leftover bread. Dense textured bread works really well. I’ve never tried it with bagels before, but it’s a winner.
- 2-3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 TBSP butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large "everything" bagels, cut into large bitesize pieces
- Heat a large, ovenproof skillet on low. Add oil, butter, and garlic to skillet. Let the garlic infuse the oil and butter for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Heat oven to 325.
- Add bagel pieces to skillet. Raise heat in skillet to medium. Stir pieces well to coat with garlic mixture. Spread pieces in a single layer.
- When oven is up to temperature, place skillet in oven. Toast bagel pieces for 10 minutes. Stir pieces, and toast for another 7 minutes.