My father-in-law shared some of his beets, and I decided on a salad with lots of big flavor, so of course, I thought of Greek. The herbs and a little sweetness balance the beets well.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Kalamata olives
- Granulated onion powder, or sliced fresh onion
- Dill (fresh or dried)
- Chopped fresh mint
- Chopped fresh basil
- Capers (optional)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1-2 TBSP fig infused vinegar, or other sweet vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Wrap beets in foil, and roast at 375° for 45-60 min. Cool slightly and peel. Slice in small wedges, place in bowl, and toss with balsamic vinegar. Spread on greased baking sheet, and roast at 400° for about 20 min., or until slightly dried.
- Place beets in a bowl with olives and the next seven ingredients. Drizzle with oil, and toss salad well.
- Top with crumbled feta.
- Note: I used a lot of chopped fresh herbs.