No matter what time of year it is, I can never seem to get enough soup. For even more of a comfort meal, pair this with Toasted Cheese Breadsticks.
For almost any soup, the amounts you add of any ingredient are up to your taste. They’re definitely a great way to use up leftovers. When you’re adding seasoning, add and taste, add and taste…..
Beef and Pasta Soup (Slow Cooker)
- Beef (I used 2 lbs with bone in)
- Carrots, chopped
- Celery, chopped
- Onion, chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped (or can of diced tomatoes)
- Bay leaf
- Potatoes, cubed
- Cooked beans (I used black-eye peas for New Years!)
- Cooked pasta (or rice)
- Place first 6 ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover with water, and add some salt.
- Cook on high about 5 hours until meat is tender. After the soup has cooked 2 hours, add potatoes
- Remove bay leaf, break up meat, add beans, and check for seasoning.
- Leave pasta separate, so it doesn't overcook, and combine with soup when you serve.
- For Asian flavor, add 5 spice powder and / or fish sauce. For Mexican flavor add cumin, a can of tomatoes and green chilies, and chopped cilantro. Really you can take this any direction you want. For spice suggestions, check Fun with Spices.