Barbec’s restaurant is an institution in Dallas, and for breakfast, there is often a line out the door. One of the things people always look forward to having at Barbec’s is their biscuits. Years ago, they published their recipe. If you want an easy and delicious biscuit, this is it. It’s my nephew’s favorite, and I still use it (with my alterations, of course). At the lodge, I make them in muffin tins, just because it’s easier.
- 6 cups Pioneer Biscuit mix (don't substitute any other kind)
- 1/2 - 1 cup sugar
- Room temperature beer
- Melted butter
- Heat oven to 375
- Mix together biscuit mix and sugar.
- Mix in beer to form a wet, tacky dough (a little wetter than usual biscuit dough).
- Brush melted butter on the inside of the muffin tins.
- Place biscuit dough in tins. Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until golden.