A lot of the time, I bake rice. It’s easy, and turns out perfectly every time. The flavor of this rice went really well with the Verde Enchiladas.
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 TBSP peas, optional
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine picante and broth in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling.
- Place rice in a greased 8x8 baking pan. Top with butter, salt, and all the spices.
- Pour boiling liquid over rice, and stir gently to combine.
- Cover tightly, and bake for one hour.
- Remove from oven, fluff and add peas, if desired.