Hope your New Year is the best ever (that’s my plan).
Christmas day we had a power outage for about 3 hours, and we’ve decided to leave our emergency heater in the house, just in case. We’re enjoying a quiet holiday season, and a little on-line shopping! Dixie and I got a new storm door in the back, with a doggie door. We’re pretty easy to entertain.
This is a great light and easy dessert.
- Dried figs (I used Calimyrna figs)
- Pecan praline liqueur
- Heat oven to 400° and grease a baking dish with butter.
- Slit each fig enough to insert a pecan half, then press the fig closed.
- Place figs in the baking dish. Scatter extra pecans around them.
- Drizzle with honey, then with the liqueur.
- Bake for about 20 min. If they are turning too dark, cover the dish.
- Serve with a sliver of blue cheese or gorgonzola.
- Try different nuts and liqueurs or wine.