This recipe would make great football food, or make up any excuse you like!! We did a 2 minute video, click on the video icon to view.
Bacon Wrapped Queso Chicken Appetizer
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1/4 lb quesadilla pepper cheese (HEB deli) or feta, cut into about 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 lb of thinly sliced bacon (I use uncured, all natural)
- Ranch dressing
- You'll be able to cut each pounded breast into about 3 or 4 pieces. Each piece needs to be large enough to wrap completely around the piece of cheese. The cheese is in the center and completely surrounded by chicken.
- Then wrap the chicken and cheese package with bacon slices - both directions (see picture and /or video) - the best way you can, this is not a perfect science! You may have to cut the slices of bacon shorter to just wrap around the chicken and cheese.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for about 30 min. or until chicken is cooked and bacon starts to crisp. Serve with ranch dressing.
- Note: Use any cheese that won't completely melt out, or don't use any cheese at all, don't pound chicken but cut in chunks, add a slice of jalapeno, wrap with bacon, bake, and serve with blue cheese dressing as a dip. Well, you get the picture, there's other possibilities here. In fact, when we got done doing the video, I had a bunch of little pieces of chicken left, but no bacon. So I put a thin slice of salami down, then covered it with some of the chicken pieces, then put on some pickled jalapenos, then laid another slice of salami on top and baked them. They passed the "Don" test, and actually he liked them better than the bacon wrapped!