I started making this at the lodge, and it’s so delicious that it’s become a regular on their menu and ours! The amounts on the recipe will feed 10. It’s great with chips, chili, breakfast omelets, Mexican food…………..
All ingredients are approximate, because size of avocados vary, tomatoes vary, and definitely personal preference on taste varies.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, each cut in half and larger ones cut into 4 pieces
- 4-5 medium size avocados, peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (I use the green only)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sprinkle of ground cumin
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Place tomatoes in a medium size bowl, and sprinkle with salt. Toss together and set aside. Drain off all tomato water.
- While you're waiting for the tomatoes to drain, get the rest of the ingredients ready.
- Once the tomatoes have drained, toss everything together. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve (with everything!)
- I've been told that baby shrimp is a great addition to this salsa.