I’m always looking for new salad combinations, and this one is has great flavor. We don’t always want a lettuce based salad, but really, here’s what happened – I cut into an avocado before it was ripe enough, and didn’t want to throw it out! (It’s a familiar theme with some of my recipe creations.) We had a cucumber, a partially used jar of marinated artichoke bottoms, an onion from the garden, and lots of fresh herbs.
Avocado and Artichoke Salad
- Garlic clove
- English (or hot house) cucumber, sliced
- Partially ripe avocado, sliced
- Marinated artichoke bottoms (sliced) or marinated artichoke quarters
- Sliced red onion
- Fresh basil, lots
- Fresh oregano, few leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut garlic clove in half, and rub the inside of the bowl with it.
- Add the next 6 ingredients to the bowl and toss.
- Drizzle with oil, and season. Toss again.