Our bumper crop of asparagus is beginning, so I need to do at least one new recipe. I cooked the asparagus like I do roasted potatoes, only without the rosemary. This is a delicious way to get your veggies in one side dish.
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of capers, with some of the liquid
- 1/3 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped spanish olives
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP dried dill weed or use chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 5 large potatoes, cooked and cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into bite size pieces, and cooked
- Mix all ingredients except potatoes and asparagus.
- While potatoes and asparagus are warm, toss with the other ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Other additions: lemon zest, hard boiled eggs, ranch dressing, chopped pickle, shaved parmesan