We like to vary our sides and use sweet potatoes from time to time, but not so much with sugar. So, I’m always trying new flavor combinations when I roast them. This combo is particularly good, and makes an interesting side.
Asian Spiced Sweet Potatoes
- 2 peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 3 TBSP melted extra virgin coconut oil or toasted sesame oil
- 1 TBSP tamari or soy sauce
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP Simply Asia sweet ginger garlic seasoning
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- Toss all ingredients together well. Let sit for about an hour, before baking.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on a baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir and bake another 20 minutes. Using a fork, test for tenderness, they might need a few minutes more.
- Note: The amount of the ingredients will depend on the size of the potatoes and your taste. Baking time will depend on how large you cut the pieces.