I wanted something with a crust, but didn’t want anything sweet, so I focused on artichokes, bacon, and cream! It’s scrumptious as an appetizer, side, or even a main course.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (I used Immaculate)
- 5 or 6 strips bacon
- 1 lb frozen artichoke hearts
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 16 oz sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- Place pie crust in 10” pie plate. Place in fridge.
- Heat a skillet, and cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon when done, cool, and crumble.
- Place artichokes in skillet with bacon fat, and cook until water evaporates. Remove artichokes. Chop them, and cool.
- Heat oven to 375.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with eggs and garlic.
- Add sour cream, mayo, Parm, and Dijon. Beat well.
- Add all the seasonings, and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped artichokes and crumbled bacon.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Bake 30-45 minutes, or until top is set and light brown.
- Cool. Serve chilled or at room temperature.