Really why make artichoke dip, when you can turn it into a great appetizer cheesecake. I found some mini springform pans, so I made mini cheesecakes (just in case you think the pecans, tomatoes, and olives look like they come from the land of giants!).
Artichoke and Spinach Cheesecake
- 2 cups crushed pecans
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 4 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup cooked, squeezed dry, and chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 cups chopped artichoke hearts
- Press the pecans into the bottom of a 9-inch greased springform pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in cream, garlic, cayenne, and salt and pepper.
- Add parmesan, spinach, and artichoke and mix well.
- Pour into baking pan with pecan crust.
- Bake for 45-60 min until firm.
- Serve warm or room temperature, cut into slices.
- Note: If you use frozen artichoke hearts, defrost them, and pat dry. If they are canned, rinse, drain well, and pat dry.